Altaba CEO to Appear at Oppenheimer 20th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference
Investors and other interested parties may register for and access a live webcast of the conference presentation here: https://www.veracast.com/webcasts/opco/technology2017/58109122785.cfm.
Visit www.altaba.com for more information.
This press release and Altaba's discussion and webcast may contain
"forward-looking statements" concerning the Fund. Risks and
uncertainties may cause actual results to differ materially from the
results predicted. Information about potential factors that could affect
the Fund's business and financial results will be included under the
caption "Risk Factors" in the Fund's Registration Statement on Form N-2,
which is available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov
and on the Fund's website at www.altaba.com.
All information set forth in this communication is as of
Forward-looking statements are based on the Fund's current expectations about our investments and business, management's beliefs, and certain assumptions made by the Fund, all of which are subject to change. Forward-looking statements can often be identified by words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "may," "will," "should," "would," "could," "potential," "continue," "ongoing," similar expressions, and variations or negatives of these words. Examples of such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, references to anticipated trends in performance of Altaba's portfolio or assets, potential business or regulatory developments that may affect the valuation of the Fund's assets, or changes in the Fund's investment strategies or policies. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual Fund performance to differ materially and adversely from the views expressed in any forward-looking statement.
These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Investments in the Fund may perform poorly and could result in your entire investment being lost.
- The Fund's investments in equity securities are volatile.
- The Fund's share price may move adversely relative to the value of the Fund's underlying assets.
- The Fund's revenue sources may be limited.
- The market price and net asset value of the Fund's common stock will be materially impacted by the market price of Alibaba ADS' and of Yahoo Japan shares and the Yen/USD foreign exchange rate.
The Fund's investment performance may be materially and adversely
affected by economic conditions and/or regulatory developments in the
Japanas well as globally.
- The Fund's ability to sell or otherwise dispose of the Alibaba common shares and its Yahoo Japan shares (if it determined to do so) is limited or impacted by certain factors, including the size of such stakes relative to average trading volumes, the Fund's low tax basis in such investments, and, in the case of Yahoo Japan, certain restrictions on sale of such shares due to Japanese regulations and the provisions of the Fund's joint venture agreement with Yahoo Japan.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170807005155/en/
News Provided by Acquire Media